Moved to GitHub, see you there...
Authentication and account management plugin for ASP.NET MVC
MvcAccount is a substitute for
MembershipProvider designed for ASP.NET MVC, that provides more features and the ability to store username/password and other related data in your own database.
Get it now!
Using NuGet: Install-Package MvcAccount
- SignIn: a.k.a. Login, LogOn.
- SignOut: a.k.a. Logout, LogOff.
- ResetPassword: Sends email with link to enter new password.
- ChangePassword: User must sign-in first.
- ChangeEmail: With optional verification (sends email with link).
Password encryption methods
- None: Passwords are stored in clear text.
- SHA1: Passwords are encrypted one-way using the SHA1 hashing algorithm (reuses
- MachineKey: Passwords are encrypted using the encryption settings determined by the machineKey element configuration (reuses
- Custom: Provide your own implementation.
- MembershipProvider (MvcAccount.AccountMembershipProvider): Although MvcAccount is a substitute for MembershipProvider there a many components out there that work against this API, so MvcAccount also provides an implementation. The only
functions currently implemented are:
- ValidateUser (useful if your application implements other functions that require username/password verification).
- GetUser (all overloads, this allows you to get user information from your application without a direct dependency on MvcAccount).
MvcAccount is fully localized in the following languages:
- English (en)
- Spanish (es)
- Finnish (fi)
See the Documentation for more information.